Re: [sabayon] On the topic of lockdown

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 13:29 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 09:32 +0100, Rob Bradford wrote:

> > > Well. I still don't quite understand what you mean. Are you talking
> > > about the implementation, or the user interface?
> >
> > Both obviously. In the GUI there would be no separate checkbox/padlock.
> > Just a check box. This has the effect of setting both the checkbox and
> > padlock in the current implementation for the explicit lockdown keys.
> >
> > But also allows us to go sensibly implement setting mandatory for other
> > keys. (If we used the existing interface paradigm this would be like
> > having a padlock but no checkbox.)
>
> But what use is the ability to set something to be mandatory when you're
> not able to set what its mandatory value is? Like disallowing the user
> to change the background color, but not allowing the sysadmin to set the
> default color to use.

This makes sense under Sabayon, no? Where the admin can set a background
and then use the lockdown tool to make that immutable?

Or alternatively perhaps you could join in on #348435 and persuade dobey
to accept a patch to use a lockdown key. In which case I can add it as
per the existing keys.

Cheers,

Rob
--