Re: [sabayon] On the topic of lockdown

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 10:31 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> We still need lockdown keys for some things, as they are not
> implementable by just having some preferences not being writable. For
> instance, you couldn't lock down shell access by making some config
> setting unchangable.

Exactly this was the point I was trying to put across. (And sadly
failing to do successfully). The approach I want to take is that setting
this lockdown attribute *both* sets they key *and* makes in mandatory in
the cases where there is an explicit 'meta' key.

This means we can then go ahead and provide more lockdown features
without having to add more and more keys.

Do you think this is an acceptable change to make for 2.17/2.18.

Cheers,

Rob
--
Rob Bradford <rob robster org uk>