Re: [sabayon] hello

<snip>
> I will take due note of some of your points and start testing them
> further, but in light of some of the things brought up, I would say
> Sabayon is essentially useless at this point.  If a user can bring in
> their own .gnome dir and run it, then effectively there is really no
> point to this whole project.  I don't know why this didn't occur to me
> before :)

With my Userful hat on. For a public computing environment, letting
the user play with how the desktop looks is not a bad thing, assuming
that all those settings get removed on logout, as they do. This is
what we do with DiscoverStation (we don't use sabayon, as it didn't
exist when we started)  and the people that use our system don't seem
to notice. The number that have the knowledge and care is vanishingly
small and thus really shouldn't be considered, IMHO.

Corey