Re: [sabayon] Sabayon update crashed our profiles

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:55 +0100, Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> Alexander Larsson wrote:

> >I just tested with the latest version in cvs, (which was just released
> >as 2.12.2). It seems to correctly handle dropping a file from the menu
> >to the desktop. quit+save and then edit again shows the file.
> >
> >When you add the file in the editor, does it show in the changes window?
>
> no it doesn't , I just drag and drop    a linux terminal launcher from
> the panel to the desktop, it does drop on the desktop, but indeed the
> change window doesn't show any action (although adding the terminal to
> the panel did show a "add" ) .After restart sabayon the terminal on the
> desktop is net here :-( . Am I miss using the tool ?

No, that should work. Perhaps there is some file change notification
(gamin) issue. If you launch sabayon from a terminal like this:
SABAYON_DEBUG=all sabayon

What sort of output do you get when you do the actual drag and drop.

I get this:
(23696) dir-monitor: Got gamin event 'changed' on '/tmp/sabayon-temp-home-Qc839d/Desktop'
(23696) dir-monitor: Got gamin event 'created' on '/tmp/sabayon-temp-home-Qc839d/Desktop/ggv.desktop'
(23696) files-source: Emitting event 'created' on file 'Desktop/ggv.desktop'

> Again, congratulations for this beautifull tool, we might also apreciate
> futur developpements for mozilla/firefox (thunderbird would be fine also
> ... for now, I do that with mozilla autoconfig which is quite perfect as
> well :
> http://www.int-evry.fr/s2ia/user/procacci/netscape/en/mozilla-autoconfig-en.html)
> and openoffice !.
> thanks .

There is some support for mozilla/firefox in sabayon. I'm not sure how
good it is as I haven't tried it much. I fixed a bunch of issues in it
in 2.12.1 though.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a hate-fuelled Republican vagrant on a search for his missing sister.
She's a bloodthirsty motormouth mercenary with a flame-thrower. They fight
crime!