Re: [sabayon] Sabayon for RHEL 4

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

On Tue, 2005-20-12 at 03:58 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

How does one actually use sabayon-apply?  There's no man page, and I
haven't found any documentation.  I guessing I'm supposed to specify the
profile and the user I want the profile applied to, so:

sabayon-apply profile user
Here in our school, we use sabayon to deploye a standard profile for every users, each one get the same "skeletom" then he can apply changes in his personnal profile, as their homedir a on a central NFS server which is automounted on every shared stations (FC4 !) .

Here's how it is run at GDM connexions:
[root b03-07 /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d]
$ cat sabayon-xinitrc.sh
#!/bin/bash

#
# Apply the Sabayon profile for the current user (if any)
#

if [ "x$DISABLE_SABAYON_XINITRC" = "x" ] ; then
 if [ -x /usr/sbin/sabayon-apply ] ; then
   /usr/sbin/sabayon-apply /etc/desktop-profiles/profile-gnome-s2ia.zip
 fi
fi

The /etc/desktop-profiles/profile-gnome-s2ia.zip was generated from the sabayon "admin" interface. It is deployed on every station with the wonderfull tool: cfengine (www.cfengine.org) .

Is that right, or am I completely off?
I never used sabayon for setting a personnal profile, we use it for global settings (for everyone !)

Although I've created profiles with Sabayon, I haven't actually tried
applying them, so I'm a little lost.
I've used a french doc at the beginning:
http://rd.cri74.org/index.php?2005/05/10/11-documentation-sur-sabayon
otherwise there's some doc on http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon/

One last thing: I see that you copied the sabayon list when you replied.
I, however, haven't seen any new messages posted to it.  Is the list
still up?

Yes, at least for me as you can see ...

Thanks,

Ranbir