Re: Cannot play files on a PS3

Hello there.. Just joined the list..
I am using Rygel and I like it a lot..  My Samsung "smart" (not
really) TV plays rygel files great.
However, I like my ps3's media player better.. But no matter which
video file I pick, MKV or AVI, the ps3 complains that the data is
corrupt.

Please run rygel from the commandline with

G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all rygel -g 5

Then, when selecting a file on the PS3 check the output. Most likely
you are missing a GStreamer plugin. Make sure that you have all
GStreamer plugins installed (good, bad, ugly and libav).

Mr. Georg recommended that I enable transcoding to MP2.. But I am not
sure how to enable that, and I don't see in its config file..

This is slightly hidden but defaults to "on" anyway.