Cannot play files on a PS3

Hello there.. Just joined the list..

I am using Rygel and I like it a lot..  My Samsung "smart" (not really) TV plays rygel files great.

However, I like my ps3's media player better.. But no matter which video file I pick, MKV or AVI, the ps3 complains that the data is corrupt.

Mr. Georg recommended that I enable transcoding to MP2.. But I am not sure how to enable that, and I don't see in its config file..

How do I get about playing files on the ps3 with Rygel?

Many thanks, -turgut