Re: ~/.config/rygel.conf versus /etc/Rygel/rygel.conf

It is confusing to me when rygel uses ~./vconfig/rygel.conf versus /etc/rygel.conf.   Is it the case that the local version in /.config always over rides the /etc/ version ?    But why if I run locally without a /.config/rygel.conf file, doesn't it use /etc/rygel.conf ?

It should. Can it read it?

When does rygel use /etc/rygel.conf ?

Always. The final configuration is merged together from /etc/rygel.conf, XDG_USER_CONFIG/rygel.conf, commandline prameters and environment variables in that order, with system config having lowest, environment highest priority.

It would be helpful if rygel displayed the path of the config file it is using at startup.

It does if you enable debug output. Because the information is usually useless unless you need to debug something.