Re: Rygel-0.32.1 will not stream outside the gnome evironment

That's not true. it works perfectly fine without. If you don't want to use gsettings, you can export TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES=1 and use the old-style ini-files config.

$ tracker daemon -s
Starting miners?
Could not start miners, manager could not be created, Cannot
autolaunch D-Bus without X11 $DISPLAY

Ah, that's dbus autolaunch being stupid. You can manually create a dbus session bus, use a systemd user session or use wrap-dbus that I pointed you to earlier.

..so I guess you're saying I need to create an init.d that starts some
combination of the following?

$ ps aux | grep tracker
/usr/local/lib/tracker-1.0/tracker-miner-user-guides
/usr/local/lib/tracker-1.0/tracker-store
/usr/local/lib/tracker-1.0/tracker-miner-fs
/usr/local/lib/tracker-1.0/tracker-miner-extract
/usr/local/lib/tracker-1.0/tracker-miner-apps

The store and the miner-fs should be enough. miner-apps is completely useless on a system
that is not the N9 or a Sailfish device. Same for user-guides.