RE: Rygel-0.32.1 will not stream outside the gnome evironment

I didn't mention it before, but on the x86_64, if I first get rygel
working in the gnome environment, exit to the console, stop dbus,
start a non-dbus wm and then re-start rygel, it still works.

No, you said that, I forgot it, sorry.

What I meant was that in gnome, when you click the dlna slider button in rygel-preferences to "on", dbus
automagically starts rygel, whereas in a non-dbus wm (without dbus running) you have to manually start rygel.

Perhaps using dbus to start rygel inserts something into the various rygel *xml/*db files that allows the
URI's to be broadcast thereafter?

Or, perhaps dbus starts rygel with one or more switches I didn't use?