Re: Original Xbox clients hacks

On 22/01/17 22:08, Jens Georg wrote:
Hi,

Responding to myself since I've found out what was the problem. The
server server just sends "options" to the client, and it's up to the
client to decide and make use of whichever resource it finds
suitable.

The trick off invalidating the resource mime_type only works because
the
Xbox 360 will seemingly make its decision on the mime_type and thus
any
resource having incorrect/unsupported mime_type will be discarded.

Reading xbmc4xbox code I've found that it will just take the very
first
resource available for each item. Easy to do. I've also found that
xbmc4xbox doesn't always advertise itself as such: during browsing
it
uses the User-Agent of its underlying library: platinium.

Yes, that's the usual behaviour of Kodi/XBMC since forever.

What I've done:
-Client hack to make the MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO first in list
-Try xbmc4xbox client hack before the XBox360 client hack to avoid
conficts
-Use the specific version of platinium in the agent string to avoid
conflicts with recent versions of Kodi.

Here is the patch:

First, thanks for analyzing this and making a patch, much appreciated
:)

You're welcome !

The Ususal way of submitting patches is bugzilla for better review and
tracking.

Ok, will do.

The "platinum" user agent also applies to the XBMC/Kodi hacks which
need some fiddling with mime-types, also I don't like that specific
version. Is there anything more distinct to the xbmc4xbox?

Exactly, that's what I included the specific version used by xbmc4xbox to
not interfere with other platforms. I don't like it either... here is what
xbmc4xbox uses as user-agents:

Browsing: Platinum/0.5.3.0, DLNADOC/1.50
Getting files: XBMC/3.5.3-r33027 (Xbox; http://www.xbmc.org)

Without patching xbmc4xbox I don't see that many options.