Re: Rygel cpu usage

Hi, guys! Really great software.
But i am a bit newbie, cause experiencing some problems.
My laptop runs rygel through gnome-settings-daemon.
I usually listen to music from Android via BubbleUPnP.
At this time rygel cpu consumption about 50%.

Hm, that sounds like a lot for streaming music. Are you sure it's not transcoding? "pool" is either coming from GStreamer or you are using the simple media engine
(unlikely if no-one fiddled with the configuration)

Can you run it from a terminal with
export G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all
rygel -g 5

capture log the while playing back and post it somewhere (probably not on list
because too large)

On my laptop with 2x1.6Gh cores it hurts really.
Htop showes that there are about 10 threads with a name pool.

I can stream FullHD video with a p4m with significantly less CPU so there is
definitely something odd there.