Re: Rygel v0.28.2 on Fedora 23/pulseaudio - using Kodi as Renderer fails

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Ari <ari reads gmail com> wrote:
Hi, my use case is: trying to redirect the audio of some applications from my linux desktop to a Kodi HTPC using DLNA/Rygel, using FLAC to encode

Kodi complains that it is "unable to play the file". Tried other encoders (vorbis, mp3), same error.

I tried running kodi in the linux desktop itself, and the same error happens - this rules out issues with the Firewall.

Forgot to add that I tried "wget" of the file (http://192.168.1.2:65530/GstLaunch/i/bXlwdWxzZWF1ZGlvZmxhYw%3D%3D/res/primary_http.monitor) in the LInux Desktop and also in the Kodi HTPC and I can get the FLAC file in both cases. However if I use the same URL that Kodi is using (with: "! flacenc") then wget fails.

This is using the latest stable Kodi (15.2)