Re: Rygel Playbin ALSA card problem

First, great bit of code! Even though this forum is more gnome based
I hope you can still give me some pointers. I've cross-compiled Rygel
to an Freescale iMx7 platform ( ARM ) and am using it as a headless
renderer ( e.g. a DLNA speaker ) and it's working very well. I can
play music from Kodi, JRiver etc. The problem I have is trying to
redirect the Playbin plugin to another audio card. In Rygel.conf you
literally enable the Playbin plugin, give it a name and that's it. Is
there any option to redirect Playbin's output to another Audio card
e.g hw:1,0 instead of hw:0,0 which is my default?

Not yet. Soonish. It's currently worked on but I cannot promise any
release date.

Before using Rygel I used gmediarender-resurrect which I configured
to use a gstreamer sink based on ALSA so I could directly bolt up to
hw:1,0. Using this set-up  and  JRiver and other DLNA streamers my
DAC happily rendered up to 192k ( DAC indicates sample rate ). So I'd
like to do the same with Rygel but cannot crack the issue regarding
the card.

Currently you would either need to change the code or use other means
to tell GStreamers's playbin which ALSA device to use (isn't there a
way to change the default device by environment variable?)

Also, Rygel's debug seem to be non-existent when running it. I've set
it in rygel.conf to 5 but nothing. I seem to remember somewhere
having to set a build library #def over a certain GCC lib version, is
this true?

No, you need an environment variable:

G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all