Rygel Playbin ALSA card problem

Hi All,

First, great bit of code! Even though this forum is more gnome based I hope you can still give me some pointers. I've cross-compiled Rygel to an Freescale iMx7 platform ( ARM ) and am using it as a headless renderer ( e.g. a DLNA speaker ) and it's working very well. I can play music from Kodi, JRiver etc. The problem I have is trying to redirect the Playbin plugin to another audio card. In Rygel.conf you literally enable the Playbin plugin, give it a name and that's it. Is there any option to redirect Playbin's output to another Audio card e.g hw:1,0 instead of hw:0,0 which is my default?

The reason behind this is so I can use a very high quality USB DAC with Rygel which occupies the hw:1,0 card slot.  Secondly I would like to bypass ALSA's PCM ( plughw:1,0 ) without any re-sampling.

Before using Rygel I used gmediarender-resurrect which I configured to use a gstreamer sink based on ALSA so I could directly bolt up to hw:1,0. Using this set-up  and  JRiver and other DLNA streamers my DAC happily rendered up to 192k ( DAC indicates sample rate ). So I'd like to do the same with Rygel but cannot crack the issue regarding the card.

Also, Rygel's debug seem to be non-existent when running it. I've set it in rygel.conf to 5 but nothing. I seem to remember somewhere having to set a build library #def over a certain GCC lib version, is this true?

I'd really appreciate any help whatsoever on this, thanks in advance,

Ed.