Re: two instances

Why do you want to run two?

To seperate my archives. My wife and mine. My kids. brother and sister.
Porno and kids-stuff, etc. Isn't that such an exotic need?

No, I use two users for that.

You should be able to do so on different
dbus sessions

Conceptual I know what dubs is. But I never worked or touched it
directly. Could you give me a hint where to start about it?

You don't even need two busses. No bus does as well by starting

DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS= rygel -c /path/to/some/config

Though you will lose
- Shutting down the instance by calling rygel -s (But Ctrl-C does a clean shut-down as well)
 - Automatic movie thumbnailing through Thumbler
 - External, MPRIS and Tracker plugin.