Re: Rygel LG Tv Subtitles

This is the DIDL-Lite output

[...]

 apparently the srt file has been selected, but even using the gupnp
player, it doesn't show the subtitles.

Yeah, this shows at least that rygel is picking up the proper file. Now we "just" need to find out what LG expects. Unfortunately my LG TV does not come with DLNA :-/

Could you try with serviio and get a packet capture if that works?

Maybe it needs an extra CI resource with the subtitle :)

 -----Mensaje original-----DE: Jens Georg <mail jensge org>
 PARA: Diego Flórez <florezg diegof gmail com>
 CC: rygel-list gnome org
 ASUNTO: Re: Rygel LG Tv Subtitles
 FECHA: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:27:12 +0100

Hello Everyone.

I've been trying to play videos in different formats (mkv, avi,
mov),
with their respective subtitles (srt), making sure that the .srt
and .mkv files have the same name. But the TV doesn't show any
subtitle.
However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces
the
video with subtitles.

I'm running Rygel 0.24.2 from Arch Linux 3.18.3(linux core)

I wonder if I must set something to subtitle function properly or if
there is still no support for LG televisions.

That depends. There is no such thing as subtitles in DLNA. We (try to)

support the two most common "extension", CaptionInfoEx from Samsung
and
PV from Twonky.

Can you check with gupnp-av-cp that the subtitle is picked up
correctly?

Navigate to the file, right-click on it and us the "Fetch DIDL-Lite"
menu entry and paste the output here, please (after anonymizing the
filename/title if you like)

Links:
------
[1] http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/