Re: Rygel LG Tv Subtitles

Hello Everyone.

I've been trying to play videos in different formats (mkv, avi, mov),
with their respective subtitles (srt), making sure that the .srt
and .mkv files have the same name. But the TV doesn't show any subtitle.
However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces the
video with subtitles.

I'm running Rygel 0.24.2 from Arch Linux 3.18.3(linux core)

I wonder if I must set something to subtitle function properly or if
there is still no support for LG televisions.

That depends. There is no such thing as subtitles in DLNA. We (try to) support the two most common "extension", CaptionInfoEx from Samsung and PV from Twonky.

Can you check with gupnp-av-cp that the subtitle is picked up correctly?

Navigate to the file, right-click on it and us the "Fetch DIDL-Lite" menu entry and paste the output here, please (after anonymizing the filename/title if you like)