Re: mediaexport: rygel shares are mess when viewed from a 2013 panasonic viera

W dniu 24.01.2015 o 14:22, Jens Georg pisze:
On Sa, 2015-01-24 at 13:39 +0100, Julian Sikorski wrote:
W dniu 24.01.2015 o 12:57, Jens Georg pisze:

W dniu 30.06.2014 o 19:10, Jens Georg pisze:

Can you provide a network dump so that we can see what the tv actually
requests?

I just re-tested with 0.24.2 and the problem is still there. I have
tried using wireshark to get something, but I am not sure how useful it
will be as I am absolute wireshark newbie. Please let me know if I can
do anything else. Thank you for all the help in advance!

So, Jussi was right. If you go for the "by metadata", the devices does a
recursive browse and fails to interpret the refId (which indicates that
this is kind of a symbolic link to another item on the server), hence
the duplicate (UPnP has a mechanism to say "this is item with id foo
which is actually a reference to item with id bar")

Thanks so much for looking into this! Do you think this is something
that could be worked around on rygel side?

Did you also provide a trace for the normal browse

The 2nd file, unsorted.pcapng, should be the normal, per-filename browse
trace. The issue with that one is that the files are in seemingly random
order. This makes looking for particular files and folders difficult:
https://belegdol.fedorapeople.org/rygel/IMG_20150124_133618.jpg
Please let me know if you were referring to something else and I will be
more than happy to provide it.

Sorry, found it. Yeah, same. It asks for sort order

+upnp:class,+dc:date

We could possibly work around that, but I'm not sure whether the device
would like that.

Thank you for this pointer. Now I at least know what the device is
supposed to do. It is true that within particular folders, the files are
sorted by date in an ascending order, which makes sense I guess.
However, the folders themselves do not appear to be sorted by creation
time. I tried using
$ ls -t
to see whether the order would be the same, but it is not. Where is
rygel taking the dates from?

Best regards,
Julian