Re: large file size (not bit rate) makes playback very slow ??

I did some meticulous. Black box testing.

I chopped the video file to different lengths using mencoder - ovc copy.  It started having this problem right slightly above 1g bytes size.

I'm not sure if it's due to the buffering limitations on client ( I have been using bubbleupnp on phone to play ),  I tried to use vlc as a new client on laptop to remove this possibility. But I couldn't figure out how to setup the codecs. Currently my vlc player doesn't recognize any of the video formats.