Re: Music folder and files not showing on Sony BDP-S370 using Rygel v0.20.1 on Ubuntu 12.04

Hi Stuart,

On 11/13/2013 01:16 AM, Stuart Anderson wrote:
Hi,

I am using Rygel  v0.20.1  on Ubuntu 12.04 on a  Sony BDP-S370.  I can
stream Spotify to the Sony using gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio and
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good, however I cannot see my music folder
/home/stuart/Music or any of my music files.

The folders;
/home/stuart/Videos
/home/stuart/Pictures
are viewable and I am able to stream DIVX video from the video folder
and view pictures from the video folder, but /home/stuart/Music folder
and files do not show up on the Sony.

I am also using a Rygel preferences tool which has;
  share media through DLNA switch ON
with directories set to;
/home/stuart/Music
/home/stuart/Videos
/home/stuart/Pictures

I could be wrong here, but I think the problem is that your configuration file is enabling two DMS plugins; Tracker and MediaExport. IIRC Tracker takes precedence over MediaExport so your DMS is publishing media indexed by Tracker, and not necessarily the media found in ~/Music, ~/Pictures, ~/Videos. From reading your email, it sounds like MediaExport would be better suited to your needs. To enable it simply disabled the Tracker plugin. To do this locate the following lines in your config

> [Tracker]
> enabled=true

and change them to

> [Tracker]
> enabled=false

Then restart Rygel and see what happens.

Regards,

Mark