Re: modify library structure

[...]

So what I would like to have is something like:

RYGEL/music/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
           /classical/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
           /kids/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
           /radio/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year

or like this:

RYGEL/music/music_all/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
           /music/classical/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year

So you want a hybrid between directories and tag-based structure? It
could be done by code, but that looks like some amount of work.

That's not possible by configuration. It was somewhat possible to modify
the tag-based structure in some older version, but that didn't prove to
be very well-working.

Best would be if for every seperate path I give in rygel.conf there
appears a seperate sub-library in the in the browser/tree.

My question is if there is an easy way to achive this? Or where I have
to start  if I have to modify rygel to get this? Do I have to write an
own root container? Is this possible at all or is the tree structure
fixed by the upnp standard?

No, the tree has nothing to do with UPnP. It's something we/I decided,
but it's pretty common.

How does the control points/browsers work with that? I mean e.g.
bubbleupnp (android) seems to show the full tree, rhytmbox as well, but
banshee seems to only show the "music" entry.

I think banshee does its own client-side filtering, so does e.g. Windows
Media Player.