Re: modify library structure

Hi Steffen,

If you are ok with multiple servers, you can run multiple instances of rygel with  separate config files.

Andrzej

On 18 May 2013 14:51, "Steffen Heyne" <steffen heyne gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using rygel for some months now and so far it works fine. Thanks for all the work on rygel! I searched a while through all the different available upnp servers for linux and rygel seems to me the best one!

Now as all basic things are working, I'm looking for an easy solution too organize our verly large music library. The problem I have is how to organize very different types of music
with one media server.

For example I have my "standard" music lib for the most common songs, but I also have a large directory with classical music, radio recordings. Furthermore I also want all my family's music
organized in a central way. This means there is another "lib" with children music, my wife has her prefered music in a directory and so on.

The problem with having all this in one media server is that whoever browse the library have to scroll through hundreds of artists or albums to find the right one. But all the music is already good structured so I want this to be reflected in the main "directory" (root container?) when I browse to my rygel server (e.g. with bubbleupnp on android  tablet or phone, banshee, rhythmbox,...).

Ok, there is the "Files & Folders" entry but I want to use the tags with artist, album etc to browse each sub-library, basically similar to what is unser "music" now.

So what I would like to have is something like:

RYGEL/music/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
          /classical/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
          /kids/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
          /radio/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year

or like this:

RYGEL/music/music_all/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year
          /music/classical/Album;All;Artist;Genre;Year

Best would be if for every seperate path I give in rygel.conf there appears a seperate sub-library in the in the browser/tree.

My question is if there is an easy way to achive this? Or where I have to start  if I have to modify rygel to get this? Do I have to write an own root container? Is this possible at all or is the tree structure fixed by the upnp standard?

How does the control points/browsers work with that? I mean e.g. bubbleupnp (android) seems to show the full tree, rhytmbox as well, but banshee seems to only show the "music" entry.

I'm not a developer, but I have some programming knowledge.

Thanks for your help!

steffen