Re: Direction, tips, advice on building a multi zone sound server (multi zone DLNA renderer) based on rygel ?

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Steve <linuxguy123 gmail com> wrote:
On 03/21/2013 11:50 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

Yeah, consider hiring someone with expertise in DLNA implementations.
Openismus comes to mind: http://www.openismus.com/

I'm looking to do the implementation myself.   No offense to Openismus !

In that case, I suggest researching on and trying out different DLNA
implementations. Once you know which one is the most suited for you,
you can then try to set them up for your needs. If you happen to
choose rygel, ask for help in here (or on our IRC channel) and we'll
try to help you out in any way we can with *specific* issues you run
into.

Does the existing rygel implementation allow for multiple renderers on a
single network device ?

Yes, there is no hardcoded limits on number of renderers/servers.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124