Direction, tips, advice on building a multi zone sound server (multi zone DLNA renderer) based on rygel ?

I want to build a sound server to supply sound to various zones in my multi (8) zone house.

The sound server should provide 8 DLNA renderer targets on the network. Each DLNA renderer will be connected to its own sound card, 8 of them. Each sound card will be connected to the amplifier inputs for a sound zone, stereo, 5.1 or 7.1, depending on how the zone is configured.

I'd also like the SS to have a web page to allow one to configure how a stream is to be decoded, multiplexing an input stream to multiple sound cards and setting individual speaker volume levels in a zone.

Any and all hints, tips or advice on the best/easiest way to set this up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.