Re: Feature or bug.

2013/2/18 Jens Georg <mail jensge org>:
I have an other problem. I tried
spotifty-upnp-mediaserver(https://gitorious.org/spotifyd) aswell but
cant get it to work. The streams from spotify-upnp-mediaserver
identify themselves as "audio/L16; rate=44100; channels=2" which afaik
rygel should support.  I tried my hand at just removing the white
spaces in the mimetype but that didnt help.

Oh, the project is up again? Great. Spaces in mime-type definitely won't
work since Rygel does a rather dumb string compare there.

Yes; it was down for a few months while I was settling legal issues
with my employer (and I had also tried to approach Spotfy to see if
they would be interested in making a product out of it) - the legal
issues were settled, and Spotify never responded, so it continues as
my own-time, personal activity.

Not sure why it doesn't work; Some versions of GStreamer 1.x seem to
have issues with raw PCM streams.

I have no idea either; it works for other people[1], and it
WORKSFORME(tm), so the OP needs to do some extra digging before I can
help.

[1] For example the latest success story is here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/DLNA-support-in-Spotify/idc-p/280364#M19233

--
Alexander