Re: wrap-dbus tumbler

On Do, 2013-02-07 at 09:18 +0100, Michael Lathion wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to make rygel generate thumbnails but have an issue with
> it.
>

> I launch rygel with wrap-dbus as explained in examples and tumbler
> generates the png files in /.thumbnails/normal but then if I look from
> any controller no thumbnails are shown (only for images files or for
> some audio files who already had thumbnails).
>

> This is not a problem of controller cache, I've tried to refresh the
> view and this is the same on different controllers.

Hi. There are three possible issues here:

a) Did  ~/.thumbnails/normal exist before starting Rygel? If no, you
need to restart it (this is fixed in Rygel >= 0.15.1)

b) What's your GLib version? Recent versions of GLib migrated from
~/.thumbnails to ~/.cache/thumbnails, so you need a symlink.

c) Your device does not support PNG thumbnails