Re: Metadata extraction

I'm using Rygel 0.20.2 on a Beagle Board Black with Fedora 20 for ARM.

When my music collection is harvested I get for all mp3 and flac files
the message "Plugins are missing for extraction of file ...".
But
    gst-launch -t filesrc location=Music/Chiquitita-15e.mp3 ! id3demux !
fakesink
or
    gst-launch -t filesrc location=file.flac ! flacdec ! fakesink
print nicely the tags.

Which plugins are missing?

> Does it work with gst-launch-1.0?

Many thanks. That was one problem.
I installed plugins good and base for gstreamer 1.0 and flac works now.
But for mp3 id3demux seems to be not sufficient.
Do I need a full mp3 decoder to read the metadata?
(The problem is that it is not in the Fedora repos and I have not yet found one compiled for ARM9)

Peter

BTW: Merry Christmas!