Re: configure and compile option for rygel

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achive, but if you run rygel
as a dedicated user with its home directory set to /usr/Dlna_Rygel this
should happen automatically.

Dear Jens,

I got the problem for a long time.

When I try to compile rygel for my target platform. it is mips-like
platform.

When I configure rygel,

I include "prefix=/usr/Dlna_Rygel", then

when I run rygel, I have to set the environment:

XDG_DATA_HOME=/usr/Dlna_Rygel

Since "/usr/Dlna_Rygel" is exist both host PC and my target platform.

My question:

Is is possible to assign the path XDG_DATA_HOME to the user's home
directory on host PC then I can configure rygel with "prefix=user's
home"?
Because, all of users will update the path "/usr/Dlna_Rygel" if they
are debugging rygel at the same time.
it is better to set the folder(prefix) to user's home directory.

if I set XDG_DATA_HOME to user's home directory, it may not exist on
target platform, then rygel can not run.

otherwise, I have to create the same path on the target platform, it
does not make sense to do this for embedded system.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Soho