configure and compile option for rygel

Dear Jens,

I got the problem for a long time.
When I try to compile rygel for my target platform. it is mips-like platform.
When I configure rygel,
I include "prefix=/usr/Dlna_Rygel", then
when I run rygel, I have to set the environment:
XDG_DATA_HOME=/usr/Dlna_Rygel

Since "/usr/Dlna_Rygel" is exist both host PC and my target platform.

My question:
Is is possible to assign the path XDG_DATA_HOME to the user's home directory on host PC then I can configure rygel with "prefix=user's home"?
Because, all of users will update the path "/usr/Dlna_Rygel" if they are debugging rygel at the same time.
it is better to set the folder(prefix) to user's home directory.

if I set XDG_DATA_HOME to user's home directory, it may not exist on target platform, then rygel can not run.
otherwise, I have to create the same path on the target platform, it does not make sense to do this for embedded system.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Soho