How to actually use mp3-transcoding

Hello,

I'm trying to use winamp on windows with the ml_dlna plugin to play
files from a rygel server. The music library is entirely flac and winamp
can not stream flacs (it can play local flacs tough). So, I'm tring to
transcode flac to mp3. I enabled it in the config file but winamp still
trying to get flacs and fail since it cant do that.

So, my question is, how is this supposed to work? I wrote to the author
of the plugin and he is suggesting that "rygel has to exchange the
FLAC-stream-urls with MP3-transcoding-stream-urls in its DLNA publishing
service."

Can I serve flac files to both flac-using-clients and
mp3-transcoding-needing-clients simultaneously? How can rygel tell who
is requesting what kind of format?

And finally, besides the config file, what else do I need to
install/configure? Transcoding options in the config file didn't make
any difference at all to the behaviour of rygel.

Thanks.