Re: [bump] rygel streaming live audio: low latency?

On Di, 2012-06-12 at 21:24 +0200, andrea zambon wrote:
> I tried with Slackware, rygel 0.11 and alsa:
>
> [GstLaunch]
> enabled=true
> launch-items=myaudiosink
> myaudiosink-title=Audio on @HOSTNAME@
> myaudiosink-mime=audio/x-wav
> myaudiosink-launch=alsasrc ! audioconvert ! wavpackenc

Wavpackenc does not create WAV. It creates wavpack which is a loss-less
but compressed audio format format similar to flac.

Try to set the proper mime-type audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2 and no
encoding or use wavenc.

Also not that this method is not really meant for pulse integration, it
just happened to be the only working way for several pulse and rygel
versions.

Using the "native" pulse integration gives you direct access to pulse's
HTTP stream.