Re: Rygel only selectively visible

"Hello all, I'm running Rygel 0.10.1 on Ubuntu 11.10. The problem I face is peculiar - Rygel is invisible as a upnp renderer to Android upnp apps like 2Player and BubbleUpnp. However it is visible on the Samsung AllShare Android app and on PC applications like Foobar.

So obviously the problem isn't to do with getting Rygel running, but it being consistently visible to all DLNA/upnp players.

Help?

Rohin."

Hi,

I'm the author of both BubbleUPnP and the foobar2000 plugin.
With BubbleUPnP, device validation fails because Rygel in its device description XML, sets specVersion major field value to 2 instead of the expected 1.
I disabled this validation in the next version of BubbleUPnP.