Re: Transcoding quality

On So, 2012-08-05 at 19:50 -0700, Konstantin Svist wrote:

> Yup, 0.15.1 looks much better! Still pretty pixelated, but at least
> watchable.

You can tune the bitrate in
$PREFIX/share/rygel/presets/ffenc_mpeg2video.prs. A high quality preset
is available at
https://github.com/luisbg/rygel/blob/presets/data/presets/ffenc_mpeg2video.prs

but be aware that this really puts quite some load on the CPU.

> So then, how do I make it play in HD?

Hm, not without changing the code I suppose. You most likely don't want
to force the US variant as that fiddles with the frame-rate.

Maybe it's time to add a european HD variant. I'll think about it.

If you want to change code, check rygel-mp2ts-transcoder.c/.vala, the
resolution is defined in there.