Re: About Rygel

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Jouni Heinäharju
<jouni heinaharju gmail com> wrote:

>>>   You'll need to enable the rygel and HTTP plugin in pulse-audio. Once
>>> that is enabled and you have rygel running your streams should be
>>> automatically be available on the network for any DLNA
>>> client/control-point to discover and play. Mind you that pulse-audio
>>> guys insists on providing their own HTTP stream and therefore any
>>> issue with actual playback are usually a bug in pulse-audio.
>>>
>> You probably need a fairly recent PulseAudio version to do that (>
>> 0.99.1) since there was a bug that prevented Pulse from working
>> correctly with Rygel.
>
> Ok, I have Rygel 0.10.1 running on Ubuntu 11.10 which I believe has
> PulseAudio 1.0. Now, how do I establish this PulseAudio HTTP stream so
> that with everything I play there's also separate audio stream?

  It might also be helpful to run the most recent stable (and
therefore supported) rygel release. Ubuntu has always been lagging
behind so if you can be one of the users to file bug about this, that
would be very nice.

> I have BD player which can play media from Rygel but I don't think
> this BD player can be seen by any control-point software.

  If that is the case then the device is not a media-renderer (or DMR
in DLNA-speak) and therefore you can't achieve your goal (of
controlling the playback from another device) with it.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124