Re: About Rygel

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Jouni Heinäharju
<jouni heinaharju gmail com> wrote:
> Hello!

  Hi,

> It is explained at the live.gnome.org/Rygel site that it should be possible
> to "search for the media using phone and play it on TV while retaining full
> control over the playback from phone".

  You need a UPnP/DLNA TV (pretty common these days), a phone with
DLNA control-point software/feature and rygel running on the machine
with media on it. If you have all these hardware, please do let us
know of any specific questions you might have and we'll try to help
you but ideally things should just work out of the box with very
little configuration/efforts.

> How do you do this with Rygel, is it
> possible?

  It is indeed very much possible, yes! Though of course it also
depends on the phone and TV.

> Also I would be interested to know if it is possible to "redirect
> the sound output to DLNA speakers using the phone" as it is also mentioned
> at the site.

  You'll need to enable the rygel and HTTP plugin in pulse-audio. Once
that is enabled and you have rygel running your streams should be
automatically be available on the network for any DLNA
client/control-point to discover and play. Mind you that pulse-audio
guys insists on providing their own HTTP stream and therefore any
issue with actual playback are usually a bug in pulse-audio.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124