Re: rygel 0.8.3 under Ubuntu natty

On 30 April 2011 18:19, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:
On Sa, 2011-04-30 at 17:58 +0100, Simeon Walker wrote:
> Hi,

[video files not extracted properly and browsing slow]

> Any ideas would be appreciated.

For the slowness:
Try to delete the database and let rygel run with extraction disabled.
If it is still slow, try to upgrade to rygel 0.10.1[1].

With extraction it was fast but had just 7 files. With no extraction it had all the files but was very slow. I did delete the db between different tests.

For the extraction problem:
Make sure that you have gst-plugins-base, -good, -bad, -ugly and -ffmpeg
installed. If that doesn't help to get you more video files, I recommend
you to update to rygel 0.10.1[1].

I do have those packages.

There's a known issue in the gupnp-dlna version used together with
rygel-0.8.3 that prevents metadata extraction if you have mkv files with
subtitles.

The vast majority of missing files were avi's.

[1] PPA with latest Rygel stable:
https://launchpad.net/~cszikszoy/+archive/upnp

Thanks, I will try this.

Sim