Re: online content through 'external' plugin

Hi,

> I've already fixed a couple "bugs" in Rygel and the gupnp stack to make it
> interoperate with my television (LG PK750). One "fix", for example, was for
> gupnp to send a mime type of "text/xml" instead of "application/xml" in the
> HTTP headers. Of course, "application/xml" would seem more appropriate, but
> my TV did not like it.

  Thats already fixed in the latest gupnp release. Please file bugs as
soon as you identify issues, it'll save us both time/efforts in the
long run. :)

> So there needs to be some sort of configuration file
> to handle these compatibility issues.

  Not really, no. We don't want to go that route and would like
gupnp/rygel to work out of the box with as many devices out there as
possible.

> I can volunteer to play around with the external plugin and building the
> container hierarchy lazily. But it's a just-for-fun project, so nothing is
> guaranteed :)

  No problem, all good things start with just having fun.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124