Re: Rygel 0.8.2 (A Not So Simple Plan)

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:
> On 19/10/10 12:06 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>>>
>>> Is rygel easily runnable on headless machines now? I'd love to move my
>>> fuppes server over to rygel one of these days.
>>
>>   Now? When was it not usable on headless machines?
>
> It's just always been launched by the dbus session, hasn't it?

   Wrong!

> I suppose it
> doesn't have to be. It would be great to have a short FAQ on the page
> suggesting how to configure and run it headless.

  People who run things headless either buy a ready product with
everything setup or they are geek-enough to get rygel working on their
own (its really not any harder than getting it working on a desktop).
Having said that, that still is a good idea so feel free to contribute
this FAQ.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)