Re: Running CTT on Rygel

Thanks for your quick response. Comments inline.

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:49:19 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:

Hi Alper,

2010/10/6 Alper Güler <aguler ubicom com>:
Hi Zeeshan,

I am trying to run CTT on Rygel (0.6.0), but CTT cannot detect CDS.

  Could be some discovery issues. Make sure you use the latest CTT
tool and also latest Rygel (there was 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 recently) along
with latest gupnp/gssdp libs. Also make sure, there is no firewall
rules or some crappy router not able to handle multicast on the way.

[alper] CTT PC is directly connected to our router`s LAN. So, it cannot be about firewall or multicast. Besides, CTT can detect DMS and many tests pass, but only for some tests where CTT wants to get the test media served by DMS, it fails to find the test media and test fails. However, I can see and play those files served by Rygel from a DLNA client (Win7 or N900 for example), so why would CTT not find them?

I started working on upgrade to 0.8.1 and I can now build and run it on our router board, but I see some errors and crashes and I am trying to understand why they happen. BTW, I would like to make sure that I am using the best set of libraries. Below is what I am using for Rygel 0.8.1. Is that OK? Or is there a different version you would recommend for any libary?

e2fsprogs (libuuid): 1.41.3
glib: 2.24.0
gstreamer: 0.10.30
gst-plugins-base: 0.10.30
gst-plugins-good: 0.10.24
gst-plugins-ugly: 0.10.15
gupnp: 0.13.4
gupnp-av0.5.9
libgee: 0.5.2
gssdp: 0.7.2
gettext: 0.17
gupnp-dlna: 0.3.0
libiconv: 1.11
liboil: 0.3.17
libsoup: 2.28.2
libxml2: 2.7.7
dbus:1.2.4.6permissive
dbus-glib:0.80
sqlite: 3.6.20

I think
this is because Rygel exports the folder instead of the files in it.

   No, that is most definitely not the issue.
[alper] Right. We just found out that CTT expects the test files to be in the folder TestMedia on DUT and tried this, but still same problem.

BTW, where can I find your CTT results for rygel? Are you putting it
somewhere online?

  No I'm not putting it anywhere public since that would be violation
of DLNA copyrights.

[alper] OK. Thanks. I need to obtain my own results then :-)