Re: Samsung GT-S8500 Wave DLNA issues

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Martin Schlosser <rygel thestack de> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:04:53 +0200, "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)"

>>   Rygel's MediaRenderer doesn't support pictures (yet) so it won't work.
>
> Oh, that's a great pity! What is needed to implement that?

  I don't know exactly but I'm sure its not a huge task since
gstreamer can handle pictures fine. Anyway if nothing else, please do
file a bug about this.

> I would try but
> unfortunately I'm completely new to vala / gstreamer and all that and I have
> no idea where to start.

  In that case, read the docs available for both and then dive
directly into rygel sources.

>>   Most probably you don't have the appropriate GStreamer demuxer and
>> decoder plugins installed. As a starter, could you please make sure
>> you have all the 'run-time' dependencies installed:
>> http://live.gnome.org/Rygel#Requirements
>
> All the gstreamer plugins listed there were installed. How is the video data
> handled?

  The MediaRenderer plugin is mostly just a wrapper around gstreamer's
playbin2 element so if playbin2 can handle something (audio & video
only), we can too.

> Should gnome's default video player be launched when starting video
> playback?

  We have an MPRIS2 plugin that turns any player implementing the
MPRIS2 spec into a UPnP MediaRenderer. Rhythmbox and Banshee are two
that do that but unfortunately totem currently doesn't have support
for that.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)