Re: Samsung GT-S8500 Wave DLNA issues

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Martin Schlosser <rygel thestack de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to display my videos and pictures from the phone on my HTPC.
> MP3 playback is working fine. Displaying pictures didn't work.
> Here's what I captured with wireshark:
> ( is my phone, is the HTPC, I tried rygel 0.8.3 and
> 0.9.3)
> GET /smp00000388512017.JPG HTTP/1.1
> Host:
> Connection: close
> icy-metadata: 1
> Streaming
> Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:13:00 GMT
> Connection: close

   Rygel's MediaRenderer doesn't support pictures (yet) so it won't work.

> Maybe it's because the phone doesn't like the
> Streaming? Or maybe it's the missing Accept-... lines?

  No, the issue is what I mentioned above.

> If I want to stream video from phone to HTPC I only hear the audio stream
> but no video is displayed.

   Most probably you don't have the appropriate GStreamer demuxer and
decoder plugins installed. As a starter, could you please make sure
you have all the 'run-time' dependencies installed:

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124