Re: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Hi John,

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Jens Georg <mail jensge org> wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 17.10.2009, 08:09 +0200 schrieb John Frankish:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've compiled rygel-0.4.2 without problems, but cannot make it run. A couple of questions:
>>
>> 1. Using rygel-preferences, I can update the various conf file settings but "enable upnp/dnla" is not alterable - i.e. I check the box in the gui, but when I open it again it is unchecked. After closing the gui, I get this error:
>>
>> ** (rygel-preferences:15495): WARNING **: rygel-user-config.vala:325: Failed to start Rygel service: Error making symbolic link: No such file or directory
>>
>> What symbolic link? No such file or directory where?
>
> >From $PREFIX/share/applications/rygel.desktop to
> $HOME/.config/autostart/rygel.desktop.

   Most probably  '.config/autostart' directory doesn't exist in your
home directory in which case I must ask which desktop environment you
are running? This is the standard freedesktop way to make things start
automatically as part of your desktop session.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124