Re: DMR with Rygel

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Cem Eliguzel <celiguzel ubicom com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> First of all I want to thank you for your great contributions for Rygel.

  Thanks for your appreciation, thats what keeps me going. :)

> We, here at Ubicom, aim to produce a DMR device and one of our candidate
> solutions is to use Rygel.
>
> We started with Zeeshan’s repo at github and later moved its gst-renderer
> plugin to Rygel 0.4.1 version.
>
> I wonder  if there is a special reason for your not including gst-renderer
> in the 0.4.1 version of the software.

   That branch is still a separate unmerged branch because
gst-renderer plugin work is not complete and I had been doing other
(much higher priority) work lately.

> In general, I would like to know if there is a planned road-map.

   Here is an up2date TODO for the
project:http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/TODO. Unfortunately, since my
employer is only interested in MediaServer part at the moment, I have
to mainly concentrate on that and to maintain and developer GUPnP (one
person multiple responsibilities).

   Personally, I really want to go forward with the MediaRenderer
plans but just don't get enough (spare) time these days. :( Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)