Re: DLNA IP issue

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Dipanjan Ghosh <dghosh2k gmail com> wrote:
> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeenix gmail com>
> Thanks for the input.
>
> What are major challenges do you think we will face to add DMP/DMR to rygel?

  Rygel is server-side only so you don't want to base your client (DMC
& DMP) on top of rygel. You want to use gupnp-av for that. Regarding
DMR, we just have one plugin that implements standalone DMR based on
gstreamer's playbin2. As soon as it gets relicensed to LGPL, I will
move most of the code to rygel core so that plugins can easily
implement DMR.

   Then there is the plan to support DMR implemented by external apps
(not plugin) so that would be next on my TODO list. Here is the draft
for the interface: http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/MediaRendererSpec .
Keep in mind that this is work in progress at best so this interface
could change dramatically.

> (if there is any limitation of the current software architecture)

  None that I know of. Sky is th limit. Keep in mind that I hardly
know anything about your plans so I can't imagine issues you'll face.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124