Re: Next GNOME+Rust hackfest?

Hi everyone!

Here is the poll: https://doodle.com/poll/ibbbgxnnfykyz2d3

I didn't add USA's locations for the previously evoked reasons (although other america's countries are fine, at least for me!). If you want to add other locations, please just do!

On May 30, 2018 5:41 PM, Sebastian Dröge <slomo coaxion net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 16:35 +0200, Guillaume Gomez wrote:
>
> > To make things even more funny, none of them have schedules yet!
> >
> > So what I propose in a first place is just to pick a location and
> >
> > eventually a month (November would be the default choice).
>
> Unless someone else really wants to organize things, I could care for
>
> everything here and we could do the hackfest in Thessaloniki, Greece.
>
> We did the GStreamer spring hackfest here 2 years ago and I believe
>
> people were happy. We could most likely go to the same place again,
>
> which is a coworking space. I'll have to talk to them once we have
>
> exact dates though.
>
> The place would not be for free though, but compared to flight costs
>
> this is probably negligible
>
> Sebastian

Hey everybody,

Thessaloniki would be the most convenient for me, it's practically next door from Athens and I could get there very easily and cheaply. Flight costs(from Europe at least) should be low too. I've been there 3 other times, It's a really beautiful city and worth visiting.

US might be inconvenient(as Guillaume also pointed) for people that might object to the treatment foreigners receive from the TSA.

Cheers,
Jordan