Re: GNOME Roadmap - Information Request for epiphany

Hi Lucas,

Op dinsdag 24-04-2007 om 00:51 uur [tijdzone +0300], schreef Lucas
Rocha:

> your help to do this. It's important that you take a few minutes to
> reply to the following questions before May 7.

As far as I know, we haven't replied to you yet regarding the Epiphany
development plan. So here's a short mail containing my understanding of
the situation. Note that I'm not the Epiphany maintainer, rather I see
myself as a spokesperson. :)

> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.20 (next 4 months, before feature and
>  UI freezes)?
> - What are your plans for GNOME 2.22 (next year)?

We hope that "our" SoC project
(http://code.google.com/soc/gnome/appinfo.html?csaid=C228E14687A8C2D4)
will yield some usable results. Realistically, this will probably not be
ready before 2.22.

Our current expectation is that Epiphany 2.20 will contain mostly
cosmetic enhancements, such as better inline autocompletion of URLs
entered in the address bar.

> - Do you have plans for a future release?
>
> - Do you have any goals from 2.18 that were not achieved? Why?

See http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany/RoadMap218 . The section "Untargeted
plans" contains stuff that we would like to see in future releases. You
can also see that some goals weren't achieved for 2.16 and 2.18; this is
due for the most part to simple lack of developer manpower.

> - Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or
>  platform that would help you?

Not that I'm currently aware of, but maybe chpe can fill this in.

> - Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you?
>  What are they?

n/a

> - Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?

GNOME-wide shared bookmarks and history would be great, but as I said,
that probably won't happen before 2.22, provided the SoC project is
successful.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen