Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Audio playback broken in 3.4.4-1 on Arch Linux

As far as I can tell, the crossfading player in Rhythmbox doesn't work with GStreamer 1.18.
Disable that and playback should work.  Hopefully I'll be able to fix it soon.

On Mon, Nov 02, 2020 at 06:37:47PM +0000, Nicholas Hébert via rhythmbox-devel wrote:
Quick follow up: I just updated to rhythmbox-git 3.4.4+130+g4bf59c711-1 in the AUR and the playback issue
persists.
This has persisted for a while now, but I don't know when it started and have no old packages to revert to.

________________________________
From: Nicholas Hébert <bujiraso hotmail ca>
Sent: November 2, 2020 2:07 PM
To: rhythmbox-devel gnome org <rhythmbox-devel gnome org>
Subject: Audio playback broken in 3.4.4-1 on Arch Linux

Hello,

In my system I cannot get simple audio playback to work anymore (central core functionality missing).
The play-head races along with no output. I've attached a gif of the behaviour. The song is 20m but the
playhead rips through it in seconds.

My DE is gnome-shell 3.38 running on Linux kernels 5.8 and later.

Other sounds and media players are working in the same session but Rhythmbox won't play.
This occurs with any file I try, and different encodings all have the same behaviour.

I disabled plugins and ran with debug output on and attached it.
I don't see anything amiss to my untrained eye.

Please let me know if there's any questions.
Thanks.