Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Snappier navigation

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 09:35:58PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
I'm writing on behalf of someone with a large audio collection (28000
files, 120 GB). This person is happy with Rhythmbox, except that it's
pretty slow.

I don't have exact measurements, but it's something in the order of:

* 3 minutes for startup
* 30 seconds to switch to a song from another playlist

The user considers playlist switching as more important than startup
time. The hardware is a modest laptop.

Does this person make use of a screen reader, or some other accessibility
technology?  These have pretty significant performance impacts for
applications that use large tables.

On my six year old laptop, rhythmbox takes about two seconds to start
with a similarly sized library, and there's no appreciable delay in switching
between playlists.