Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plug-in no longer working since update on Manjaro

On Thu, 2019-07-25 at 11:29 +0100, Sam Thursfield wrote:
This raises an interesting question of how the project can continue.
Software projects work best when there is a dedicated maintenance
team to review and merge patches. This requires a good knowledge of
the codebase and a continual dedication of time, though. Is anyone
interested in taking on such a role?

Hey Sam,

I agree that this is going to a major issue going forward. I've noticed
many other plugins also are starting to experience bitrot.

I'm an avid Rhythmbox user. It likely has millions of users across a
multitude of different distros.

I think this would be a good project for my friend Reed to look into
maintaining. I've copied him. Please consider following up with him.

Yours truly,

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred